Friday, December 17, 2010

Our tradition continues...

Every year we take a trip through Santa's Magical Kingdom and then grab dinner at Steak 'n Shake.  We were trying really hard to find a date before Christmas that would work for Kate also, but she has finals through next Tuesday night. We were running out of evenings. We are hopeful that we can get back there the week after Christmas so Sissy can see it, too!

Jake climbed up front by us for the best view.



 In the past couple of years, they added a gift shop. Jake saw Santa there, and then we told him he could pick out one toy. It was a very long search.



 These crazy spinners played music, too...not nice Christmas music. It was some kind of bizarre noise. I could not bear to think about the ride home.  I didn't want that thing in my house! I discouraged him, and Jake is easy like that. He decided on a super ball with a frog inside.

We finished the light tour and jumped back on the highway to head to dinner. I casually mentioned to Dan that I wished Steak 'n Shake served alcohol, and that was all it took. We decided to search for a new dinner location. We found a Bandana's, and Jake ate very well.   I got my drink...which I really needed after listening to those gift shop spinners.

We always end our Magical Kingdom night with a trip to Krispy Kreme.  I loved watching father and son discuss the fine art of donut making.
I have no idea why his cheeks were bright red. We noticed it just after the light tour. He felt fine. He found a fun way to play with his new super ball.


2 comments:

  1. What a fun tradition...darling pics, Ang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fABulous my friend! Sounds like the perfect day. If that face is any indication, it most certainly was the best.day.ever!

    ReplyDelete