I really wanted to try to get here at least every other day, and it's just not happening. Oh well...I'm not putting any extra pressure on myself. The first issue I've had is that I've been having problems with dizziness. I let it go for a week and finally went to the doctor Friday morning. I was so relieved the doctor could see me, and I was out in time for my 1:30 photo shoot!! Dizzy or not...I had pictures to take!
I thought the problem was an ear infection, but my ear was clear. The doctor says that I have Eustachian tube dysfunction. My Eustachian tubes are shutting down instead of staying open to equalize pressure. I'm taking Sudafed and using a steroid nasal spray twice a day, and it's made a big difference.
Saturday Em and I shopped on Main Street...year two of our new tradition. The weather was cold and rainy, and Izzy was home sick with her daddy. We just spent a few hours...cutting it a bit shorter than we planned. I was disappointed that I couldn't take my camera because of the rain. We got a shot of the two of us in the car on Em's camera, and I'll need to bug her for it.
One of the fun gifts I got from Em was this.
No...Em did not buy me a new lens. In fact...this is the lens I bought myself last summer...the 24-70mm. But...this is a cup!!! Is this cool or what!!
Tom was in this weekend to visit Kate, and they stayed with us on Saturday night. As Jake was heading to bed, he insisted on a group hug.
I went to bed Saturday night with every intention of making a big breakfast for the kids. We were expecting snow overnight, and I was so looking forward to that, too. I certainly wasn't planning on a stomach bug overnight...but it hit me. Well actually...I'm not sure if it was a bug or something I ate. Fortunately I was fine by the morning, but I wanted to stay away from the kids just in case. Dan handled breakfast, and I sat in bed sipping my coffee.
Nothing was going to keep me from heading outside with the boys to take pictures. It was so cold and windy, so I didn't expect Jake to last very long. I was wrong. Daddy bought Jake his own Jake-sized shovel, and Jake wasn't heading in until every little bit of snow was cleared. He did such a great job!!
We stayed home Sunday night missing Grandpa Gene's birthday party. Sorry Grandpa!!! We hope your weekend was great! I wanted to make sure my stomach bug was over, and Dan had a sore throat. I couldn't believe that we were the sick ones and not the kids!
Monday, December 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













Been thinking about you - glad you have a diagnosis and hope you guys are well soon. Jake looks like he was living the camera during group hug! So glad you and Em got out together even if for a shorter time. Love the cup, got the Canon one and it just makes me smile.
ReplyDeleteLove ya, get better soon.
I am cracking up at that cup that looks like a lens...that is SO cool.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad the medicine is working, and your dizziness is better.
We missed you guys Sunday...I'm so glad you are feeling better now.
Hugs.
Well how about a matched set of mugs???? Great minds think alike!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the shots of T, J, and K!!!
Glad you're feeling better...I'm so "slow" when you said "I was glad the dr. could see me"...I was thinking you were glad you could see him (literally). because you were so dizzy . Yes, it's a sad day when your brain stops working.