Sunday, August 1, 2010

Trust Issues...

When will I be able to trust him? He's 3 years old now. I know I was able to trust his sister at the same age. I still can't leave him alone in a room without wondering what he might do. He doesn't always pull these stunts, but it's often enough that I know I need to keep my eye on him. I am thanking God that he didn't flush! BTW...they are tissues...and...yes...he knows better.

We took Jake to his first Cardinals game last night. It was the perfect evening. I was excited to be going as a family. It seems we are always doing things with friends or with an extra teenager along. That is great, don't get me wrong, but we rarely do anything just as a family. It was a nice change especially since we are so close to saying goodbye to Kate.

We got so lucky with the weather last night. The humidity was low, and the temperature was in the 80's. It's been such a hot summer here, so this beautiful evening was such a gift. We got to see a winner. There were 2 home runs...one by Pujols.  It was also the night that Whitey Herzog's number was retired, so it was fun to see that, too.
He was a bit serious when we got there. I think the crowd and noise were a bit overwhelming at first. He was amazed by the seats and the fact that they opened and closed on their own.
He got to see the clydesdales bringing Whitey in.
There were suckers, game discussion, and texting.
There was lots of water and consequently many bathroom trips.
There was Build a Bear. I know...this should not be part of the ballpark experience. However, it kept him occupied for a long time. I couldn't get a shot of his Busch Stadium bear, because he refused to take it out of it's house.
There was ice cream...this was after a hot dog.
Sissy even shared her iPhone for some game time.
Much to our relief and surprise, there was excitement when the home runs were hit and the fireworks were shot. He even clapped! It could have gone either way. Jake is not a fan of fireworks. He will tell you that he likes them, but he is lying!
In fact, recently in said, "Mommy sometimes I have dreams. I dream about fireworks." I'm sure those are pretty much nightmares for him! The July 4th holiday wasn't as bad for him as last year, so I think he is definitely maturing. We'll see what next summer brings!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Angie. What a cute little stinker. Don't feel bad...I still can't trust mine, either.

    I adore your blog; it's the perfect balance of witty prose and photos that tell stories by themselves.

    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God he didn't flush...that would have been bad!!!!!

    It looks like you had a great time at the ball game...I'm glad the fireworks didn't scare him. I understand what you mean about going as a family...it is rare for us too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He will tell you he likes them but he is lying...
    made me snort out loud. Looks like a perfect night and love, love the BAB!

    Fireworks are like clown, sometimes they are ok and sometimes they are scary. So glad you guys are getting some family time in and these photos will make fabulous memories. You so rock, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...I wish I could get ahold of those cheeks! He is too stinkin' cute! Glad you guys are getting in some great family time before Kate heads off to school!
    Love you all!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL....maybe he just had a really runny nose that day of the toilet incident..!!! EEk...

    I know what you mean about "just" doing things as a family! Glad you had this wonderful opportunity..looks like a great nt out. Can't believe they have build a bear ...it was at the stadium???? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still love "family time."

    ReplyDelete