I found a high school notepad next to my desk with this written on it.
See that heart on the bottom? I'll take it! I don't hear "I love you" much anymore from my daughter, so that heart meant a lot to me. This note is a keeper!
I mentioned Sherman. Here he is.
But he is also here:
Jake decided a few weeks ago that he's a cat. He's been randomly crawling around and meowing. I asked him his cat name, and his answer sounded like Sherman. After seeing a similar cat at Joe and Tiffany's house, I bought Jake the above cat at Target. It's almost scary how real this thing acts and looks. He purrs, meows, licks his paw, blinks his eyes, and rolls over so you can scratch his belly. I'll be curious to see how long this cat thing lasts with Jake. I think it all started because Izzy decided awhile ago that she is Spike the dog. I guess Jake felt he needed an alias, too.
Jake had two birthday parties yesterday. One was an outside water party. I got these shots. The first one is his friend, Jake. My Jake couldn't quite get the hang of the slip and slide. He just kept walking it. Aunt Brownie gave him one for his birthday, so I need to break it out this week and let him practice.
The second party included a reptile experience. Jake had a hard time paying attention and sitting still during the presentation, but I did get some great shots of him with the snake. I think he was a little too eager at first. The reptile guy caught him before he grabbed the snake!
I'm looking forward to lots of fun this week. I have a photo shoot...unless this awful heat delays it. I'm also hosting a family party Friday night to celebrate the August family birthdays. It will be a great chance for everyone to say goodbye and good luck to Kate, too.
Sunday, August 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












he is beautiful Angie! love your shots.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness, how much do I love his wet hair around his ears.
ReplyDeletehow do you not smother that boy with kisses continuously?
I have suitcases filled with notes and pictures. The suitcase belonged to SIL's grandpa and I got it at the Smithfamily yard sale - couldn't believe they would sell it so I bought it for 2 bucks and the kids will have a monaogrammed suitcase with treasure galore, Someday.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great party weekend! Also ready for some heat relief, can't imagine wearing long pants every again and when we got school shopping, I fell for the kids trying on long pants. Have a great party Friday, nice sendoff for Miss Kate! XO
I'm so glad you had a great week, Ang. I can't believe Jake held that snake...he is braver than me (ha)!
ReplyDelete