We started out early on Sunday morning, which ended up being such a good idea. We beat the big crowd and never had to wait for an elevator.
I learned a lot about my daughter while watching her unpack. She is slow and meticulous. We are just so different from each other. She wouldn't let me put anything away because she didn't want to have to search for anything later. Dan stayed busy with the tv, printer, and refrigerator. I felt like I spent a lot of time watching until it was time to make her bed. That was a job I was happy to do.
Kate is on the top floor of her building. This sign in the stairwell cracked me up.
No one is allowed to make holes in the walls, so Kate used sticky adhesive to hang a few things. Jake got the prime spot at the head of her bed.
I did a quick layout of the finished room.
Kate wanted to label all of her storage cubes. She really is her father's daughter. I couldn't understand why clear drawers needed labels. I won at the time, but I bet she ends up labeling them!
We walked downstairs to check out the laundry facilities. Kate wasn't even sure which machines were the washers and which were the dryers!!! She better learn quickly!
I've been getting some calls and texts from her. Things seem to be going well. She's doing some community service work and making lots of new friends. Classes don't actually start until next Monday.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








Brought back so many memories! Jessica didn't want to go to college until she saw the football team helping to unload. "How do you get into this place?" Funny how situations reveal our children to us!
ReplyDeleteLOL...Jake better go with Kate to show her which is the dryer!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo fun to see K at COLLEGE...eek!
Love the LO...looks like a magazine ad...GORGEOUS!
Love that J got prime wall spot...so sweet.
Her dorm room looks awesome...so happy for her. I love that Jake got top billing...how sweet. Your layout is perfect, Ang...I love it!
ReplyDeleteStain, stain Go Away - how fun is that! I agree, labels will be on soon and that's ok. She needs to find her way.
ReplyDeleteJake's picture is just killer in that room. What a trip, imagine the conversations it will spark!
Sounds like you are doing good. Hope there is much sunshine on your soul this week. breathe it in, ny friend...
I just love Kate's dorm room, so bright and cheery! What a fun adventure this next chapter will be in all of your lives. I bet she will love reading your blog to see pictures of her little buddy. :)
ReplyDelete