Before I tell you about Jake's first visit to Kate's university, I have to show you the bed that made me lose it.
I can't remember the last time this bed was made. In fact, I can't remember the last time I was able to walk in the room without falling over something. This was such a nice surprise.
Yes...I miss her. No...I am no longer emotional about it. She's having fun, and that's all that matters to me. She has a gorgeous dorm and great roommates. I couldn't ask for anything more.
Jake was a bit overwhelmed by the visit. It was move in day for the majority of the freshmen. It was crowded and crazy...but a good crazy. He was pretty quiet and subdued.
Back in her room, he was excited to be the recipient of lots of bubble wrap since her suite mates were moving in that day. That kept him busy.
Dan and I went back that evening for Convocation. The first half hour was like a big pep rally. Each house (dorm) walked in as a group yelling their house cheers. I didn't bring the right lens...story of my life. I take everything to a shoot, but I'm terrible about taking the right stuff to our family activities. I should have taken my 70-300 to really zoom in, but my love, the 24-70, came through for me in this bind. I was very pleased with this shot. We were literally up in the rafters and near the back, and Kate was on the floor and near the front.
After 1 1/2 hours of speakers, the parents were dismissed to line the sidewalk leading to the quadrangle where the party would be held. We were given light sticks to "light their way". They were led by bag pipes.
It was REALLY COOL!
I got a shot of Kate and her suite mates at the party.
I've been meaning to post the shots I got at the St. Louis Shot Party. Here are a few samples. This was such a fun shoot. Shooting models is so easy, and it gives me great ideas for poses to use later.
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















She looks so happy Angie, hope she is having the time of her life and that Dwon the Road, these memories will bring a big smile to her face!
ReplyDeleteLove collecting poses and it looks like you have lots of inspiration for fall pictures. Can't wait to see what you see!!!
OH.EM.GEE that crowd shot with Kate gives me goosebumps! that is so awesome!
ReplyDeleteThese are great Angie! All of them. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, Ang, she looks so happy...that has to warm your heart. Awesome pictures of the kids and the models...you are amazing!
ReplyDeleteWonderful shots Angie!
ReplyDeletecool! So glad the transition has been good for her.
ReplyDeleteLove the leg shots!