When Kate was in high school, I always designed covers for her binders for each subject. I would usually choose tropical themed background papers, because that is what she loves. I was so touched and surprised when she asked me to do it again for her college binders. They are printing right now. Here is a sample.
Jake put me in my place this morning. I was in a rush to get ready for the funeral of one of our sweet Sisters. As usual I didn't allow myself enough time. Getting Jake out of the door always takes longer than I think it will. We were upstairs, and he was walking around naked. I think the time was 9:17am, and I planned on being out of the door by 9:10 at the latest. I was yelling...I am good at that. I told him over and over to put his underwear, shorts, and shirt on. He was ignoring me, watching tv, and jumping between the chair in our bedroom and the bed. I knew I also still needed to comb his hair and brush his teeth, so I was getting a little panicked. I told him at least 20 times to get dressed. Finally I sat down with his shirt in my hands and struggled to get it over his head. What I said went something like this. "Get this shirt on right now. I've told you over and over to get ready. Why do you always make me late? We can't ever get out of the door on time. Your underwear and shorts should have been on a long time ago. We still need to do your teeth and hair. BLAH BLAH BLAH" Now...you can just imagine my tone and volume while this rant was going on. All of a sudden, he grabs me by the shoulders, looks me straight in the eyes with his face close to mine, and says, "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" I just had to laugh. This baby always seems to know how to remind me of what's important. I think I need a new plan when we need to be somewhere at a certain time.
What do you do when it's 102 degrees and you are stuck inside all day? You let him blow off some steam in the evening. We were getting ready for bath, when Jake noticed that the sprinkler system was running in the front yard. I thought... what the heck!
Of course he was in his underwear! Were you really surprised? In fact, we had to find his underwear and put it on his naked body before he could go outside. If anyone has tips on how to keep your 3 year old boy dressed, please pass them along!
Do you think he might be a little excited?
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Like I said, he is just awesome :)
ReplyDeletethere is nothing cuter than little boys running around in their underwear. seriously. I can't get enough of J in his.
ReplyDeleteBTW I win for the most yelling. A few days ago Bells said "Mom what a great day we had. You didn't yell at all!" OUCH.
I think yelling is like a pressure valve releasing. Helps in dealing with life. I did it too and I have three great kids.
ReplyDelete