It's been really hard to keep the boy busy when we can't get outside. The temperature has been around 100 degrees for days.
This did the trick today...a bag of balloons.
After he tired of kicking them around the house, squeezing them until they popped, and a number of other activities, I had the great idea to throw them in the bouncer.
The only problem occurred when it was time to turn the bouncer off and head out to dinner. We decided we needed to celebrate. Kate has been studying like crazy for a chemistry placement test. She's been so stressed about chemistry which is the freshman year weed-out course for pre-med. She took the online test today and got a 60%. That's a REALLY good score! She was expecting a 20%!! I never thought we would be out celebrating a 60%, but that was the plan. Jake wasn't too keen on the plan at first. When I turned off the bouncer, I got a lot of this...
Isn't he just pathetic? I just want to scoop him up and take a bite out of him. That lower lip and those cheeks just make me melt!
I decided to get dressed up a bit for dinner. These next two shots are inspired by Kelle Hampton. If you haven't checked out her blog, you need to. She's an amazing person, mom, and photographer. The link is at the right. Her blog is called "Enjoying the Small Things".
I chose one of my favorite pairs of summer shoes for dinner tonight. Are you laughing yet? My digi friends know that I have issues with pictures of adult feet. Well...I couldn't resist. I love the shoes, and I love the dark polish. I'm sick of the summery pinks I've been sporting since March. Are everyone's feet as veiny as mine? Yuck. Like the new rug? I finally replaced the foyer rug that we've had for YEARS. I always drag my veiny feet when it comes to changes around the house. Dan has always made fun of our foyer rug with the big "W" on it. He says that depending on how you enter the foyer, it looks like we live at the Marriott.
I also wore my new necklace from Karen. It's the coolest thing! You can't break it no matter how you bend it. You can bend it into any number of shapes. This is what I did with it tonight...
Thanks again, K! mwah! By the way...there is my third baby...the bad ass 24-70mm. LOVE IT!!!
I have been in the BEST mood this week! I have no idea why. I'm just enjoying the run. Izzy and Jake were AMAZING on Tuesday. They played and got along beautifully all day. I got so much done!
I decided a vintage conversion would be pretty on that picture.
My sweet man...
His Sissy has been working hard to keep him busy, too. She's trying to spend lots of extra time with him before she leaves. You can see this when you pass her bedroom door.
The candle man comes in and out whenever he wants to play with her candles.
Kate did me a huge favor this week. She made templates for the invoices I would need for my business. I am so grateful!!! Thank you, my love! mwah!
Jake is going to my mom's tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to another productive day! I am excited about the bookings I have for the fall! Yay!
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Oh the downside to summer. Someone on FB said they are ready for winter. Blizzards, coats, anything cold. Not there yet. I think about you on Tuesdays now. So glad all is going well. Soon they will be in school and their Tuesdays will be gone but because of you, they will live on.
ReplyDeleteLovely photo and that pouty lip is just the most beautiful thing. He will so miss his sissy, might be a tougher thing on Jake when Kate leaves.
Very cha cha, Kelle inspired me in the shoe department too. Tried on some that would make you blush - DH was ALL OVER those $50 shoes, Money was no object - being scared of falling was written all over it!
Glad business is going well. Hard to think about suitable clothes at 100 degrees! Go get em Girl!
I have the same toenail polish on....how funny! I love Kelly's blog...she is amazing. I'm glad Kate is getting to spend extra time with Jake...it will be hard on all of you when she leaves. I'm ready for Fall too...enough with this heat...ugh!
ReplyDeleteI was wondering about that rug. Loved Dan's remark. Kids adorable and your feet identify you as Tony Koester's daughter. LOL
ReplyDeleteI always love looking at your pictures, Ang! What a cute vintage photo! I love that. Hope it starts to cool down for you to enjoy the rest of the season outdoors!
ReplyDelete