Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hanging in there...

I am not a crier. I should qualify that. I am not an adult crier. I might have been a crier in high school, but I soon figured out that I don't really feel better afterward. In fact, I feel pretty lousy when it's over. I can't breath out of my nose, my eyes throb, and I usually end up with a headache. So I try very hard not to cry. I think the last time I cried was right after having Jake. The pregnancy hormone cries just can't be prevented! Well...I've been crying...since last Thursday. It's been a long few days. I don't mean that I am crying non-stop. Life must go on around here. I just have had my cries every day. I just can't believe this time has come. Where did 18 years go? How could she be moving out? She does claim that she's coming home every 3 weeks. I am going to hold on to that! She said something tonight that really made me think...and made me excited for her. She said, "I'm going to do big things, and this is just the start." How can I be sad when she says it that way? I have no doubt she will do big things. She has a long road ahead, but she is exactly the type of girl who will get it done.

She found this shirt at Target and thought it was appropriate. Kate has rediscovered dairy since not testing lactose intolerant.
My basement guest bedroom is college central right now.

Kate got some loving from Izzy today, too.

This morning Jake said, "Is Izzy gonna come ober?"  I said, "Yes."  He said, "That's esciting!" This is why it's exciting...ideas like this...
Those would be pop out letters from the floor mat in the basement.

I have a photography workshop to attend tomorrow. I'm really excited about that and about my fall bookings. I will need to stay busy once my baby girl is gone! I know what you are thinking...Jake will keep her busy. No doubt!

8 comments:

  1. That's exactly what I was thinking. I am sorry about the growing pains. You are walking a Road many have taken before. A year from now, this will all look different but for no, this is your Road. Photography will help - what energy you have left over after Jake and Izzy can go in a creative manner. You might find your work to be your refuge and if all else fails, a hug and a tiss from a little boy may be all that you need. Love and hugs my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She will do big things...there is no doubt. I can only imagine how difficult this is, Ang....it is something all of us dread. At least she isn't leaving St. Louis....that is a plus. I bet she will be home more than you think...she is going to miss all of you so much too. Hang in there, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww!! Hang in there, buddy! I can't imagine what it's like when your kids move out, but I am sure I will be there soon enough. And I do get emotional over things like this. HUGS to you! I can tell by what I have seen over the past 5 years through the photos and scrapbook pages that she has a ton of potential in her :)
    Love your pics, Ang!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Angie. Sniff! I am thinking of you sweetie. I just can never get over how beautiful your girl is. She just glows. Looking forward to reading all about her adventures...and Jake's...and most of all yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's OK babydoll, let the tears fall. She'll always be your daughter no matter where she is - no one can take that away from you. I know. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. See those legs coming out of the orange shorts??? They're exactly like Angie's were when she was that age. Jake has his Mommy's legs. Seeing those little legs run around my house is like seeing my Angie again (only lower extremities) as a little girl. So neat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, so I'm totally and completely a crier! And I got teary-eyed last night just talking to you about it. Now I'm full on tears-running-down-face crying. I don't know how time just keeps getting faster and faster! She is going to do great things, she has great roots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hang in there honey!
    can I say how cool it is your Mom left such a beautiful comment!

    ReplyDelete