Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Blogging in the summer...

I've decided blogging in the summer is not for me.  It kept nagging at me all summer long, but it was at the bottom of my list.  I purposely kept my July light.  I wanted plenty of time to hang at the pool with my little man.  We did just that.  We had lots of play dates, pool time, and other adventures.  Now as we approach the start of school, I'm ready to pick it back up.  I'm hoping to individually blog each fall session I have. 

I posted some of my Florida favorites, but here's a link to our video if you would like to see all of my vacation images.  I'll warn you...it's long!  9 minutes!  I should have done an abbreviated version to share.


In addition to this family vacation, Dan and I went away to celebrate our 25th anniversary.  We had not traveled without a kid in 20 years.  I can't believe we let that much time go by.  It won't happen again!  I want to try to get away every year or two.  

We went to Sarasota.  It's a place we use to love, but we hadn't been there in 12 years.  We had a BLAST!  I took my camera along...as well as a new lens...and hardly touched them.   I documented the entire trip on my iPhone.  So...the quality isn't the best, but I am in most of the shots.  That was what was important.














Sorry I didn't spend the time to make a nice little collage of the images.  That would be pushing it. 

This sign now hangs on my son's door.  Someone is getting too big.


 Another sign that he is too big...we bought him his own alarm clock.  That is like a rite of passage. Boo.  I am hoping it will help us avoid some morning conflicts when school starts next week.  Jake and I are not morning people.  It can get ugly fast. 


Those are both iPhone shots.  I've been using my phone almost exclusive on Project 365.  Yes...I'm actually caught up on that project.  The shots are taken and dated and filed.  Doing it on my phone made it that much easier.



As I said before, I did work a bit in July, and here are a few of my favorites. 






















If you haven't checked out my website in awhile, take a peek.  I updated it lots of favorite images from this past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment