Jake has decided that he is big enough to wash his hands at the kitchen sink now instead of in the bathroom. He climbs up, of course. A chair or stool is never involved. It can never been just a simple hand washing, he has to include a foot, too. My favorite part of this shot are those toes peeking out under his leg.
A few weeks ago, we took Jake to a church parking lot to fly his kite. This was the first time he's ever flown one! I was asked on Facebook how I got this shot that included the kite and the kid. I was just using my phone since we walked to the church, and I didn't want to lug my camera. I got down on the ground behind Jake. I was almost flat on my back to get this shot. I'll do whatever it takes! ;)
We had lots of fun until we lost the kite to a tree. That was very upsetting for Jake. We tried to explain that this is the way it goes with kites. Next time we will make sure to take 2 along.
Before we left the church, Jake had to leave his mark in chalk at the school door. I thought this was pretty funny. I didn't even realize he was doing it until it was done.
Those little lips and that concentration are the best!
When I have weekend shoots, Jake loves to visit Mama Sally and Papa Gene. Papa hides change for him all over the house, and Jake goes on a hunt as soon as he walks in the door. You know he's thinking about the claw machine when he collects!
Speaking of claw machines...here's the biggest one he ever played! (Sorry for the terrible phone shot.) No...he didn't win. At $2 for each play, we had to have some big limits!
I've had such a busy April, and it's been awesome! The variety makes my job so much fun.
This weekend I get to celebrate with Gina and Bobby on their wedding day! Later in the weekend and coming up next week, watch for more family, maternity, and birthday sessions!




























No comments:
Post a Comment