Friday, August 3, 2012

My music man...

I was ready to post a picture of Jake's Bose system we recently put in his room, but the picture is gone. It's the first one I've lost. I wrote over it somehow. I had this system in my kitchen to play music from an old iTouch. I never used it. I am addicted to Pandora which I play through my tv. I was ready to move the system out of the kitchen and put some trip pictures in that space. I asked Jake if he wanted the system for his room, and he flipped! I made a playlist of his favorite songs and added it to the iTouch. He is having a blast listening to music and playing in his room...independently!  Now he wants music playing as he's falling asleep. I've been allowing it...against my better judgement. I don't want him to become dependent on it for sleeping.

This has been a great summer of growth for Jake. He's making his bed in the morning without asking. He's becoming more independent. I can leave him alone in a room, and I no longer have to be concerned when he's too quiet. He's dressing, brushing teeth, and combing his hair the first time he's asked. It's making the summer easier than I expected.  Don't get me wrong...I am ready for school to start. ;)


We had a little issue the other night at the dinner table. I did not set the table with 4 forks for Jake. He got them out.


I posted this picture on Facebook and asked my friends what I should do. Everyone agreed that if he's eating this well, just buy more forks. ;) 

Jake was so excited when his birthday book arrived from Shutterfly!


I did it the easy way on Shutterfly. I couldn't keep up with trying to make a layout for each page. It looks great! It's done and he's happy, so that's what counts.

I'm having a love/hate relationship with Project Life right now. I gave up on my photo a day project. :(  Times like this make me want to keep going. I found all three of them (Kate's boyfriend included) in my office looking at the album.


If I just had a few extra hours in my day...
 
I got a new throw pillow from my mom. I planned on using it for the couch in the basement, but it's so cute I kept it upstairs.


I had to laugh going through the photos on my iPad. Jake did this while we were in Marco.  This is going to be a layout.




I ordered a bunch of new backdrops for the studio when my favorite company was having their annual sale. Izzy came over for her 6 year old shoot, and I got a couple of shots of her with this one. I couldn't resist buying it!


Someone else had to get in on the candy action, too.


I'm so excited about this shot of Ben and Izzy together.


I will get in trouble with my sister if I share anymore shots right now. I'm making a card for her to send to family and friends, and I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Here are more favorites from my shoot with Kristin and Julia.














The feet were not posed! I thought that was hilarious when I raised the wrap!

I have SO many shoots coming up in the next two weeks. A little guy with lots of personality was in the studio this morning smashing cake. Those will be ready to share soon. Tomorrow I'm spending time with Emily and David! They picked me to shoot their wedding next year! It's always such an honor! We are doing their engagement pictures in the morning, and I'm super excited about the theme.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I just love catching up on your blog Angie! Jake really cracks me up : ) - and those twins, sweetness.

    ps. I am still doing a photo a day - but my project life is in the toilet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this as I always do, Angie! This is priceless for your kids to have!

    ReplyDelete