Thursday, August 23, 2012

I tried to talk her out of it...

I tried to talk Jill out of a session with me. Funny, right?  Let's just say there's a little bit of a story here.  Jill contacted me to set up a session. She and her fiance were flying in from Italy where they live to see her parents here in St. Louis. They wanted engagement pictures and wanted to include her parents. How sweet is that!  Once Jill and Andrea arrived, there were some complications with their schedule. It was a possibility that Jill's parents were no longer going to be able to join us. Jill and Andrea were still going to try to keep their appointment if we moved it to later in their visit.

I started thinking about it. In fact after I spoke to Jill, I couldn't get my mind off her session!  Italy. Italy! It has to be an incredibly romantic place, right?  I can only imagine the architecture...the views! I decided that Jill should have her engagement pictures done in Italy. It only seemed right. I'm sure there are so many places there very special to them as a couple. So I contacted Jill again and tried to talk her out of a session with me. She reassured me that she really wanted her pictures done here...and she really loved my work and wanted to use Gigi Wagner Photography.  She explained that engagements are not viewed in Italy the way they are here. They just aren't a big deal there. So...we were on again. The best part was that Steve and Nancy, Jill's parents, were able to join us. It was a very special evening with four very special people.


I sigh every time I look at the above shot.









2 comments:

  1. You post was so sweet, thank you! We loved working with you and look forward to future sessions together! We just love the photos you took, you understood exactly what we had hoped to have in the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are so happy, Jill! I can't wait to work with all of you again. :)

    ReplyDelete