Friday, August 12, 2011

Soccer Season!

This is where it all begins. This is the first of what I'm sure will be many, many sports seasons. My little guy now has an activity schedule. I'm not sure how this happens so quickly. Now I'm juggling swimming and soccer, and it's only the beginning. I look back on the 9 years of competitive dance for Kate, and it's like a blur. Kate and I recently sat together to look through her dance scrapbooks. It was fun to reminisce.  I remembered people and times that she didn't, and she reminded me of things I had forgotten. Now the fun begins with Jake.






I forgot to post this when I posted Izzy's birthday party. I was so proud of the card Jake made for her. I was upstairs getting ready while he was making the card, so this was done completely on his own.



The "H" is for Happy Birthday. The "I" is for Izzy. In the bottom shot you can see the pool and the sun to represent Izzy's pool party. That's my boy!!

I didn't get a chance to blog about Kate's amazing experience at CONA this year. I'm so proud of how independent and confident she is. She was asked to come back this year as a Presiding Officer to lead the convention. Here are this year's officers. I grabbed this shot from Facebook.



In the shot above she was speaking in front of 800 high school students from around the country. She amazes me! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh I totally remember the days that Dustin's shorts met his socks..... oh what fun you have lying ahead. And wow u must be VERY proud of Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate set the chillometer off...proud auntie reaction!!! OMGosh, can you believe her? Imagine speaking in front of that many people? She's amazing. Gorgeous and brilliant!

    J is a natural....kids don't have that kind of energy in their kick usually for years....he's crazy good, I can see it in his body already! Great shots...welcome to sports photography!!!!

    Have so much fun tomorrow with the shoot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is soccer going to be! A completely different experience having a boy. So proud of Kate, she is going to be a fabulous grownup.
    Hope wedding went well, can't wait to see what you did.XO

    ReplyDelete