Dan keeps saying it's overrated. I don't think so. I'm hurting right now. I need more!
Jake gets into these weird patterns. He'll sleep through the night for months, and we think we have it all figured out. Then he gets into weird cycles where he wakes up around 3:30 in the morning. He will sometimes call out to us to lay by him, or he just shows up with his pillow and climbs in. I think it's easier just to let him in and all fall back to sleep quickly. If we go through the process of trying to get him back to his bed, we all end up wide awake.
We didn't have these issues with his sister. She was a sound sleeper. Jake, like his father, is not. He wakes up at the first distant rumble of thunder. His room is in the front of the house, so a car passing by during the night will sometimes cause a disruption, too.
When little Kate did come in during the night, we would let her rest by us for a few minutes, and then we would take her back to her bed. I guess because we are older and more laid back, we tend to just let Jake stay. We also have a king bed now instead of the queen we had when Kate was little. That makes a difference, too!
Yesterday I asked him to please stay in his bed all night. He said, "I will when I'm a big boy. Right now I'm a little boy." I can't really argue with that, can I?
I wanted to include some pictures of Jake sleeping in my bed, but I'm just too tired... ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so sorry. Hard to remember that it is just a phase when you are in the middle of it. The good news is, it won't last forever. The harder part will be finding something that works, NOW. Fan is a great idea. Music that is barely there might work too. Or you may have to make him a nice little bed on the floor by your side of the bed. Praying this won't last long.XO
ReplyDelete