Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Little Helper...

I forgot to post this the other day...the little man in action.
Jake's teacher took him out of the car this past week and told me that he was one of the sweetest little boys she's ever met. That sure made this Mommy happy!
I got a few new things for the studio including this fun pink polka dot background and a new floor.

I was setting up when Jake noticed this outside.
 I decided this would be a fun way to keep him occupied while I worked in the studio. So...I went outside, climbed on a chair, and started picking icicles.  Jake had a blast with them in the bathroom sink.


We made it through week 3 of swimming lessons. I thought we were past the crying until his instructor pulled out the goggles. She thought they would be helpful since he was rubbing his eyes so frequently. He wasn't a fan. I got this shot on my iPhone.
He wore them for about 5 minutes. The instructor is hoping to increase the time each week until he is use to them.

Jake has been talking about this Nerf gun since we spent the evening at Dan and Kathy's house last weekend.
He tried to earn it during Church last Sunday, but that didn't happen. Kate decided to come home this weekend. She hasn't seen us in 2 weeks because she was in Miami last weekend. She mentioned to him over the phone that she had presents from her trip. He told me he thought one was the Nerf gun. When she came in the door last night, I handed her the gun to give to him.
He was a happy boy. Unfortunately the gun is on top of the refrigerator right now. Daddy took it away this morning. Jake wasn't listening and continued to fire it at our 2-story foyer chandelier. One dart got stuck in the light fixture, and Daddy had to drag the ladder in to retrieve it. Tomorrow is another day. :) 

We are headed to the mall for new shoes for Jake and then taking both kids out to dinner tonight. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I am laughing because the top of DD's refrigerator is used for the same thing. Ah, children - got to love them whether they are little or Big. Great Post, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. Love that my little man didn't disappoint me and shoot at just a wall. He aimed big at the "biggest hanging light" in the entire house. Go Jake go!!!! I'm a proud mama.

    ReplyDelete