I know I need to continue my vacation entries. I have so many Marco pictures that I love...I just don't know where to start. So...instead of starting tonight, I'm going to give you a taste of what Tuesdays are like. I'm going to give you a sweet taste. Believe me...there is plenty of salty, but we're not going there tonight. Tuesdays with Jake and Izzy are always memorable. They make me laugh. They make me want to pull my hair out. We always say they have a love/hate relationship. Let me just tell you...the moods turn on a dime. One minute they are hugging and Izzy is calling him "baby"...the next minute...it can get really ugly. Like I said I'm not going there tonight. This is all good.
Last week we took a trip to a craft store to get some things we would need for making cupcakes. I found a recipe for making the alien from Toy Story. Green food coloring...who cares, right? It's only a one year old kitchen.
This is pretty much all Jake did...eat icing.
Now for Izzy's creation...
...and Jake's...
Here they are yelling, We love cupcakes!" I guess that means this project was a hit!
Today I decided to take them to a local park that has a splash area with fountains. They were a little intimidated by the bigger kids already playing there when we arrived, but then Izzy took charge and led the way.
They didn't last very long in the splash area. The ground was very slippery and both of them took minor falls. I told them to put their shoes on, but no one ever listens to me. After a little time on the playground, I took them for ice cream. They ordered the exact same thing...vanilla with m&m's. It was hysterical to me that they had to give each other tastes. I forgot to photograph the cup of Jake's ice cream that landed on the bench. It was quickly replaced.
My thanks to Brianna for helping me out today. I would be uncomfortable taking both kids to the park by myself. Having a second set of hands and eyes makes it all possible. I took this quick shot of Brianna before we left for the park. I have to grab her for pictures in the evening sometime when the sun isn't blasting us.
Tomorrow I must concentrate on the vacation entries. I am really excited about putting those entries together in a blog book. Be prepared for lots of beach pictures coming soon! Before I sign off for tonight, I must mention Jake's kid party. We had it over the weekend at a bounce place. We invited cousins and the kids from our neighborhood playgroup. Jake had the BEST time. He's just a crazy maniac at places like that. I'm not at all happy with my pictures from the event. I had to take my kit lens to have some zooming ability. The kit lens does not allow enough light in, so I had to resort to my flash. Yuck. Here are a few to share anyway.
Yes...he really is that sweaty. Jake plays hard and runs warm. I don't know what else to say. He was the only kid at the party that looked like this:
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















Cute pics, Ang...I love the alien cupcakes...so fun!
ReplyDeleteGreen icing in that gorgeous kitchen? You are a brave brave woman!!!
ReplyDeleteThat very first pic of Jake screams, THERE IS GONNA BE TROUBLE HERE, REAL SOON!
ReplyDeleteIzzy has talent as a cupcake decorator! Keaton was and is always sweaty. Low heat tolerance, love them.
Looks like a fun party and the Birthday Boy was having a great time althought frosting, makes anything swell.
Tuesdays never looked so good, looks like summer is being very good to you! XO