Friday, June 25, 2010

My Big Project, an Anniversary Recap, and a Marco Preview

I mentioned that I was working on a big project, and that's why my vacation updates were delayed. The project is finished. Pictures are printed, and now I just need to order a canvas. Kate and I decided to take her graduation dress to Florida. She loves Florida and the beach and really wanted some beach shots wearing her dress. Graduation was over. The dress would just spend the next who knows how many years hanging in the back of her closet, so we decided it was ok to get it messy and wet in the name of cool photography. We got some really incredible shots. We both LOVE them. In fact, Kate said a couple of really sweet things to me in the process...things I want to record and share. While we were taking the pictures, she told me that if I wasn't her mom she would want me to take her wedding pictures. That shocked me...in a good way.  She also asked a few times if I thought we got some great shots for my website. I was so touched that she was interested in having these posted to my site. (If you need a link to my site, email me at gigidesigns26@aol.com.)

Here are a bunch of my favorites.


The Anniversary Recap...
We planned an evening around the Eagles Concert at the stadium. We had dinner, enjoyed the AMAZING concert, and spent the night downtown. Kate took this picture of us before we left. I had to include the top photo taken when we were dating. We weren't even engaged yet. I'm guessing it was probably done in 1986. The new one reminded me so much of this old one.
Here are some shots from our evening.

Here is a little Marco preview:

4 comments:

  1. You two haven't aged a bit, I swear! It looks like you had a wonderful evening together.

    Okay, that is the sweetest thing Kate could have said to you...what a priceless moment! You know I love her beach photos...they turned out so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate's pictures are stunning. When I saw the one of her jumping, I thought about heaven and that is how I picture it...
    You and Dan look so great together. All couples share the good and the bad but those who can get past it all and can still, Feel the Love... looking good.
    Birthdays, anniversaries and now summer...go and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the only couple I know that is even better looking THAT many years later.

    And you and Kate together make beautiful art. Gorgeous shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you took the dress to Florida and had fun with it! The pictures are beautiful and so is Kate! :)

    Congrats on your anniversary - we are just a few years behind you. We will be celebrating our 20th next year.

    ReplyDelete