Sunday, December 30, 2012

Computer Woes...

I really shouldn't complain. My computer almost made it through my busy fall season...almost. I was in the middle of editing my last session of the year, when my monitor started giving me major troubles. I calibrated it...which I do monthly...and it looked very dark with a heavy contrast. I tried calibrating again...and did a factory reset...tried my usual custom adjustments.  Nothing. Everything looks terrible. I bet you thought you would see Christmas pictures here by now. I haven't even uploaded them from my camera.

The good news is that a brand spanking new iMac is on it's way! Woot! Sure...I could have purchased a new monitor...but it's a 3 year old computer. It's slowing down. I was planning on changing platforms and purchasing a Mac in 2013. My monitor just made that happen a bit earlier.

I'm trying to be patient and get ready for the big change. I've talked to Adobe about my software and platform changes. I'm organizing my office and locating disks I might need. I just can't wait for that email saying it's shipped!

My final client of 2012 has been so patient! I edited the pictures, sent links to my photography buddy, Brooke, to check them out. I had test prints done and made adjustments from that. Here are a few of my favorites from Dylan's first shoot. She was just 6 days new!





I'll post more soon...from the iMac!

No comments:

Post a Comment