Sunday, April 29, 2012

I've done it...

I've finally updated this blog. I get hot on blog updates for awhile, and then it seems I forget I have one.  I can't even remember what I've done here. I'll have to look back to see if I uploaded any pictures from Ben's Baptism.

Jake manages to keep himself busy, as always. We have some new favorite items. This first one is noise putty. He can entertain himself for a long time with this crazy stuff.  I'm thinking about putting a container of it in his birthday goodie bags.  I'm sure his friends' parents will really appreciate it.



He's also loving the flag box you see above. I picked it up at Target. It looked perfect for Jake's found money collection. I'm sure I've mentioned it, but Jake finds money everywhere...almost every single day. He knows where to search. He doesn't mind getting on the dirty floor at Walmart to dig under a vending machine. I just stand there and cringe. He's saving for a black BMW convertible. He's a car guy like his father.  He always reminds me that the found money will not be used towards his car. The found money will be kept forever.



Yes...he's found all the money in that box...and the mardi gras beads, too!



He's also having a blast with some inexpensive toys I picked up at Target. I've been in the mood to treat him recently. I think it's because he's sleeping through every night and not joining us at 3am anymore. Mommy is getting a full night's sleep!












He hoped in front with me in the carpool line, and I couldn't resist getting this shot.


 This is starting to seem like the random...all about Jake post. I guess most are.

He was excited to help with Ben last week...when he wasn't feeling jealous of him.



 He liked to remind me that he needed hugs, too. Then he insisted I swaddle him in his cozy just like Ben. What a goof.

Just in case I missed posting this...


I may have forgotten to get a family shot on Easter, but I made up for it the next weekend.  This Easter was my best ever. I sat next to my family at Church...Rick included...and counted my blessings. I was so happy that we were together, healthy, and happy.

I'm pretty certain that I forgot to post about the Baptism. Jake and Izzy were invited to the altar with us. How precious is this shot! I love Izzy's hand on Ben's head!






Here are some things I'm loving right now...

My pumpkins are coming up.


I'm loving these pink flowers in my yard...thanks to my sister.


I'm loving that Jake can now pump his legs on the swing!


I'm loving how happy my daughter is right now.


I'm loving the shots I took for Erin and Jared. When I think of their wedding day, I think of it in terms of the images. This one comes to my mind first.


Then this one...


And these...








3 comments:

  1. Beautiful shots of everyday Moments and not so everyday Moments. Love Em having the binkie in her mouth. Love Miss Izzy hand on Ben's mouth. Happy family and beginnnings of a new family. You are rocking it, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful shots angie!! jake and his found money box/story made me smile...i can just see him crawling under the vending machines...lol!! kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when you update your blog so I can catch up with you. fabulous shots as always, even just the everyday stuff with Jake.

    ReplyDelete