Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter...

We had such a great week. I was thinking back to last year at this time and feeling so blessed. On Good Friday of last year Dad had a triple bypass. We didn't dye eggs. We didn't get together with my side of the family to celebrate.  We spent lots of time at the hospital...very stressed out.

That's part of what made this year so special. I looked at Dad watching the kids dye eggs and said a silent prayer of thanks.


I was hoping to dye eggs outside...better lighting and little worry about what Jake might do. Unfortunately it was too chilly and damp.  Mom wasn't worried about her kitchen furniture or floor, so we took a chance. I'm proud to say that Jake didn't spill any dye cups. :)












Easter was such a great day. Jake was so excited in the morning. He kept saying "AWESOME!" as he hunted for his treats. He also said that the bunny is such a great guy! :)  I guess the 3 dollar bills won him over!



I was so happy during Easter Mass...even though Jake was not behaving. I was just so happy to have my family together celebrating Mass...and Rick with us, too. I can't believe I didn't get a family picture on Sunday!  I will make up for that at Ben's Baptism next weekend.

We spent time with both of our families after Mass. It was the perfect day, and Jake enjoyed himself thoroughly.




That thumbs up by Thomas says it all!










I also managed to forget to take pictures of Rick and Kate on Sunday, but I had these beauties from late in the week.  They were headed out to dinner, and they looked so sharp!



This is catch up week in the studio. Erin and Jared's big day is Saturday (can't wait!), and I wanted to be able to focus on their pictures next week.  I also didn't want to keep other clients (like my sister! LOL) waiting while I work on wedding shots.

Here are my favorites from Aubrey's shoot. What a doll baby she is!








I talked my sister into another shoot...not an easy task. She is back to work, and life is pretty crazy for her right now. They came to the studio, and we also used my bed for some shots of the kids.  Here's a peek...more by the end of the week.




No comments:

Post a Comment