Wednesday, February 15, 2012

This is why...again!


I was working on the computer (imagine that), and Jake was busy with something behind me. I turned around and found him working on family pictures for the Project Life album. He used the paper cutter to resize them so they would fit into the plastic sleeves. I'm so glad I decided to take on this project this year. It's so meaningful to him.

After basketball practice this weekend, he told me to print all the pictures I took for the album. I love that he wants to call the shots (no pun intended) on this, too. He didn't make a basket this weekend, and the game definitely hasn't clicked for him yet. However, he is working on the dribbling which makes me very proud.




He loves to go which makes me happy, and a little progress is made every week.

How crazy is this next shot? We had a little fire in the kitchen.


We heard some loud popping sounds coming from the kitchen. Dan managed to get downstairs first to see the smoke pouring from one of the lights in the kitchen fixture. I don't have a smoke shot. I think Dan would have had a fit if I ran for my camera during a kitchen fire. Ha!  Here is the fixture below. The fire was in the closest light. The bulb still looks fine as you can see from the shot above. The fire was in the wires and had nothing to do with the bulb. The kitchen remodel was only done 3 years ago, so this really surprised us.


We should have replacement parts in 2 weeks and will need to have an electrician in to work on it.

I was very excited this week at the prospect of more snow. It was pretty disappointing that we only got a couple of inches...tops. It warmed up the day after and everything melted, so we got Jake out before bedtime to help with a little shoveling and play a bit before it was all gone.  It had a blast playing in the snow at night.


Here are a few more shots of my little Valentine. I don't think I posted these yet, but who cares. Look at my sweet man again. ;)








The only shot I got of both of my babies on Valentine's Day really was a terrible shot technically. Who cares! I love it!  So...check it out and don't judge me on the focus and lighting...


...or the bottle of soap on the table behind them. ;)

I couldn't resist doing a layout with one of the pictures from Erin and Jared's engagement shoot. Everything is available at DesignerDigitals.com. Email me for specifics, and I can link you.


Lydia and Molly came to the studio recently. They were so sweet and so cooperative...and I pushed them a went a little long. Who can resist!








One of the sites where I buy my backdrops is having a big sale. I went a little crazy. The deal was buy 3 get one free. FUN! I can't wait to get them and play. I'm always excited about some new looks with Jake as my model.

Ok...time to update my Project Life album. After reading a recent post by my friend, Jennifer (a PL creative team member), I think I might do the project planning digitally. Then I will have a file of the page that can be saved and just print the parts.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful set of photo Love! That boy has the best hair!

    Can't wait to see Izzy and her baby soon!

    We woke up to snow this morning but when it is 45 outside, it won't last long! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. the soap, lol - is it bad that I recognize that it is from Target? love all your photos and of course PL...so glad you decided to do it this year!

    ReplyDelete