Friday, February 3, 2012

It's the little things...

I'm wearing contacts again...a new pair, of course! What a relief. Now I can work again in the evenings without a terrible headache. I hope our family has turned the corner on the illness stuff. Three weeks is enough. I had Jake home again this week on Wednesday and Thursday. It's just a cold, but he ran a low grade fever with it yet again.

Fortunately my clients have been very understanding. I had a few reschedules. Everyone was warned before they came to this house!  Since my kids have always been the ones to catch everything, I would never expose other children without a warning to the parents.

Now I have two things to share that are completely random. First of all, I'm wearing finger nail polish again. It took 4 1/2 years. My nails were always polished before I had Jake. Once he was here, I just kind of gave that up. I didn't want to take the time, and it seemed like I couldn't keep my manicure nice. I just decided it was time to make the effort now that he's older. I have no idea what took me so long. They look so much nicer when polished. My favorite color for my fingernails is Ballet Slippers by Essie.
I've been searching for a great non chip top coat. This is what I'm using right now.
If you have a top coat that you love, please share! I want my manicure to LAST! I'm on day three with China Glaze right now, and they still look pretty good.

I have a random product recommendation. Years ago my friend, Gina, discussed her toothbrush on her blog. It seems that I must try any product that Gina recommends. ;)  I bought her toothbrush and LOVED it! I went to the dentist a couple of months ago and was given a sample toothbrush. I was out of my favorite Gina brush, so I made a little switch. I just threw away the sample toothbrush and switched back, and I remember now why this has been my favorite toothbrush for years. It's like a massage for your teeth and gums!

Grab one next time you are at Walmart. You will thank me...and Gina. ;)
Here are my latest Project 365 shots.

I did a studio shoot with Jake, but I'm not happy with what he was wearing. The plaid shirt is bugging me. He's going to get another one once his cold is gone and his hair is trimmed.


This past Monday was Jake's All About Me day at school. We worked together to make a super cute poster of things that were important to him. I'm glad I brought my camera to school when dropping off his poster. I asked if I could stay and get a few shots. I checked with Jake, too. He wanted me there. :)



The kids were especially entertained by the bubble wrap glued to his poster. Did you know that January 30, the day he presented his poster, was actually National Bubble Wrap Appreciate Day! Now that's a funny coincidence!


Henry is Jake's hockey buddy. They love shooting the pucks we got at the Blue's game into Henry's net. Jake got his stick from a neighbor across the street. He broke one, cut it down, and taped it for Jake. Jake LOVES it!


Jake is smiling after his first hockey injury. I think he learned a lesson about not walking in front of someone who is taking a swing! He had a little bump and scratch around his right eye.

Jake still loves light sticks and necklaces. I love that they are available at the Dollar Spot at Target.


This is another lovely iPhone shot. Jake and his buddy, Jake, used a neighbor's rocks to build a campfire. I loved the imagination!

Beautiful Juliana came to the studio to test my girly Valentine backdrop. These were my favorites.






My buddy, Colin, came by for his 9 month pictures. His parents were given a Gigi Wagner Photography gift certificate for their baby shower. I've been able to see him regularly and watch him grow. I can't believe this handsome little man will be 1 soon!  The time has gone so quickly.






3 comments:

  1. So glad you guys are on the mend. It is so tough when mommies and daddies are sickwith sick babies. Hope this is the end of it.

    Photos are lovely. Must be some happy parents around about now.
    Love, love ABM Day at school. Love hearing them describe each photo and their importance to them. Go Hockey dudes. Wishing you love and health,come on February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tip to you is China Glaze Adhesion Base coat (http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2128390&productId=prod2128390&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat80070). I used that on Sunday with a OPI polish and a Sally Hansen Quick Dry No Chip Top Coat and today they still look great! Now - these were all fresh brand new bottles, so I'm sure that has a little to do with it, but I'm thrilled with it so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete