Monday, February 27, 2012

More studio awesomeness...

When I set up the studio, I was really just thinking in terms of taking pictures of babies in the winter. I really didn't expect it to get a lot of use. Well...it's growing. I'm happy about that. I'm having lots of fun adding props and backdrops. I would also like to add one more light. It's a matter of finding the time to play around with what I have and see what needs to be done to make it even better. I wish my space was just a little bit bigger, but I'm trying to be creative with what I have. I'm doing part of Erin's bridal shoot in the studio and should be able to get a full length shot...although I haven't seen the dress. ;)

Here are two of my new drops...the dark brick and the gray wood floor drop. This picture is SO Sam!

"More pictures, Gigi? Are you kidding me?" 


When Kelly brought her kids to the studio, she came in and announced that this would be the most mismatched photo shoot ever. Let me just tell you...it works in a BIG way! I hope all my clients take notice of this. I get asked all the time for clothing recommendations. I always say...don't match...just compliment. Well...I absolutely love Kelly's eye, because I think these outfits rock!


I happen to think that I rocked that pose, too! ;)


Here are a few more favorites from that shoot:











I've reworked my pricing for 2012, so email me for details!  I've also added some great printing packages to make it affordable to get professionally printed pictures on your walls. 


I guess I was hungry this past week, because I have lots of food pictures for my Project 365.



I love taco and quesadilla night. It's healthy and easy. 


Jake asked for shaped pancakes after the sleepover with George, Sam and Izzy. Apparently Uncle Dan can rock a shaped pancake. ;)  I made a big batch of Mickey's and stuck a bunch in the freezer for fast meals.


I love having the chalkboard wall in the studio. It's such a great extra at the end of a shoot when the kids are tired of pictures.


Dan gets up first every morning and will occasionally surprise us with cinnamon rolls.


Daddy and Jake took some extra practice time after basketball this weekend.


(I know I'm missing a shot. It included a new neighborhood friend, and I don't have mom's permission to post her picture online.)

I have one more food shot that I think I forgot to post. It's pretty, so look at it again if I already did.


Last night I asked friends on Facebook for help. My sister will be having a baby very soon...my guess is next week. I'm the birth photographer. I'm excited..and nervous! Isn't that funny? I've had two babies! I think it's because this is my baby sister, and I've always felt so protective of her. I have my equipment ready to go...and am keeping the batteries fully charged. I want to have a bag of extra stuff ready in case the call comes in the middle of the night. My friends have great ideas! The list is growing, and I'm writing everything down. I'm home all day Wednesday, so that will be bag packing day. :)


I'm heading out on a scouting trip with my friend, Brooke, today. She's assisting me with the wedding in April, and we are going to check out the church, reception site, and  parks. I have a list of parks and farms in that area and want to find a pretty spot to take pictures after the ceremony. Today should be fun, and the weather is cooperating!

No comments:

Post a Comment