Last Wednesday I took Aunt Janie to lunch for her birthday. It's become our little tradition. I really need to upgrade my iPhone. I'm sick of blurry pictures.
My friend, Therese, gave Jake her son's old erector set months ago. Jake loved playing with it, but he just now realized that there is a working motor! He discovered the battery compartment. Now he's building all sorts of crazy things and making them spin. No worries...since this photo was taken, I got smart and am now requiring protective glasses.
We had a scare Thursday night. My mom ended up in the ER with VERY high blood pressure and lots of strange symptoms. I can't say much at this point except that she was given the wrong medication in a prescription 4 weeks ago, and her symptoms were the result of this. We are very lucky she didn't have stroke. She's been very, very sick since, so say some prayers that she will get well quickly. PLEASE...check your prescriptions online when they are filled to make sure you've received the correct medication. According to an ER nurse, this happens more than you would think.
Friday night Jake and Izzy spent the night with George and Sam. I really wasn't sure how it would go. They did great and had so much fun!
Kathy texted me after they ate cake for Sam's birthday. Jake said to her, "Kathy Brown, you make the goodest cake!"
After we got Jake home, we jumped back in the car and left for the Blue's Game. We saw another winner...yay!
I decided to take my camera to Church on Sunday. We love to go to Mass with a small congregation of local Sisters. They are so sweet to Jake and so understanding when he gets a bit antsy during Mass. He's job is to extinguish the candles when Mass is over.
I picked Jake up from a birthday party Sunday afternoon and noticed a bunch of neighbors staring at a tree. Since I'm so nosy, I had to figure out what was going on. ;) This is what they were looking at...pretty unusual site in our neighborhood!
Dan thinks it's a hawk. Another neighbor thought it was a falcon. If you are a bird person, let us know who has it right.
This layout is a lift of a layout by Katie Pertiet of DesignerDigitals.com. Let me know if you would like links to the supplies.
I have to end today with a Jake video. I think he now knows the words to most of the best Beatles songs.
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











Beautiful photos, wonderful Stories and a fABulous video - Love, love, Love.
ReplyDeleteHard to believe that after the Grammy's the top trending tweet was Who is Paul McCartney?
You are a most wonderful parent, and even more so now!!!!