Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Let's finish off February...

I'm sitting here just a bit relieved that my sister didn't have her baby today...on leap day. Em didn't seem to care if the baby came today or not, but I did! How weird is that...having your real birthday every 4 years!  No thanks.

Jake and Dan spent a lot of time playing this weekend. If it was up to Jake, he would be outside from the minute he wakes up until the minute he goes to sleep. I don't usually mind, because he sleeps really well the longer he's been outdoors.


We have to find a different net. The puck goes right through this one. It's a great soccer net, Aunt K! We are going to need one for each sport. ;)








We don't require a helmet for hockey. He just never removes it after riding his bike. I think he forgets it's on his head.


When Kate asked for an Xbox for Christmas, I wasn't sure she would really play it. She rarely touched the Wii. I was wrong. She loves the Xbox and dominates some of the crazy games she plays.

Izzy went with us to allergy shot like she usually does on Tuesdays. I took my camera along and then forgot to take it out during Jake's shot. He's so brave and so mature when it comes to his shots. He rolls up his sleeve like he means business and takes the shot without any problems or complaints. I missed catching it on camera, but I did catch these. This is what it's like for a 4 year old boy when that boy must wait in a tiny room for 30 minutes after his shot each week. It's really hard to be patient despite the iPad or iPhone to distract. This was really funny to watch.








Once we got back to the house, I noticed that a package came in the mail. I couldn't figure out what it was by the label. Were the kids ever excited when I finally opened it!


Their Cuddlepets were here! My wonderful in laws offered to take both kids for me a couple of weeks ago so I could do some shopping. When I returned to their house, the tv was on and the kids noticed a commercial for these pets/puppets. They both immediately asked me to purchase. I took down the information on my phone and decided to check them out later. The website looked pretty convincing, so I ordered. I'm really glad I did. They are super cute and really well made. The kids were thrilled and carried them around for the rest of the afternoon.

While the kids were busy with their new pets, I made a recipe I recently discovered on pinterest.com. I'm always looking for gluten free things for Kate. She is not completely gluten free, but she definitely feels better when the gluten in her diet is reduced. These banana muffins are made with rolled oats and oat flour.


I did throw some mini chocolate chips in half the batch.


I bet you think those chips are disgusting, right? You would be SO wrong. Next time you are at Whole Foods, grab a bag. They come in minis and chunks. Kate needs to try to stay soy free, and it's really hard to find chocolate without soy lecithin.

The muffins are pretty yummy! I would like them to be a bit sweeter, but the rest of the family is really enjoying them.


Let me know if you want the recipe, and I'll link you. I'm too lazy to type it out right now.

Jake brought lots of art home this week, and this smurf picture was my favorite!



His snake was pretty cute, too! I love his smiling face.

Here are a few more favorites from Sam's 4th birthday shoot. I love this boy!







I can't wait to meet Mason on Saturday. He's coming to the studio for his 6 month pictures.  I can't wait to have new baby pictures to share, too! It won't be long!

1 comment:

  1. Boys, girls, boys and girls. What a wonderful thing. Add Sam, the Man and you have got yourself quite a life! Can't wait for baby pictures, hope it is soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete