Despite my crazy holiday shooting schedule, I'm on track with my holiday book. I would call it a December Daily book, but I decided to start with Thanksgiving. I wanted to include the time I spent with my Aunt Janie preparing for Thanksgiving dinner. Here are the pages I have so far. I'm not including the Thanksgiving day page because it includes our Christmas card picture. I'll post it later after I've sent out my cards. By the way...those are ordered! Now I just need to get control over the shopping list. My kids are done, but that's about it. I normally finish much earlier, but I'm not stressing yet. I have one more week of shoots, and then I can concentrate on my shopping and wrapping.
I'm using book templates by Katie Pertiet at DesignerDigitals.com. I decided to keep my background paper the same on each page and change it up a bit on each page by using other solids and patterns. I'm not sure how I will like that and may end up changing so that each page is the same.
I'm ready to work on today's page...should get it knocked out tonight. I have some adorable pictures to share. These will probably end up being a page in the book if I come up short. Sometimes I cheat. ;)
I've been struggling with Jake's behavior lately, so we started a star chart. He randomly earns stars by listening to me the first time I ask something. We promised a trip to FroYo when he filled his chart. Gummy worms are his favorite topping.
He randomly places those stars! ;)
He doesn't miss a drop!
I have another studio shoot to share. Laura and I were very close growing up. In fact...she gave me a surprise 16th birthday party! I'll never forget how special that made me feel! We lost touch after she got married and moved west. I thought about her a lot through the years and would occasionally hear updates when my parents would run into hers. I was thrilled when we found each other on Facebook! We've been able to keep up on FB for a few years now. She is a big reason why I love FB!
Her family came in town for Thanksgiving, and she asked me to take family pictures. I love her girls...LOVE them! They kept me entertained.
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























Lovely shoot Miss Angie! And that boy, no one had to tell him how to do his ice cream! Ice cream is serious business.
ReplyDeleteLove the Thanksgiving layouts! You have had quite a weekend, havin't you? The rest of the holiday season should be a breeze. Love the tree!