Monday, June 21, 2010

Birthday Recap


The birthday did not start out on the best note. We made the huge mistake of making a big deal out of it the night before. Jake woke up at 1:30am and was up until 4:30am!!  He was way too wound up to sleep. I got him back down at 4:30, and he woke up at 8:30. Normally he would climb in bed with us and snuggle...not on his birthday! He was pulling our arms to get us out of the bed. He kept yelling that he wanted to go downstairs NOW! We walked towards the steps, and he said, "There's candy and eggs down there."  The poor guy was so confused. He knew something big was happening, but he just didn't know what to expect. The last big holiday was Easter, so I guess that was still in his head.

The gifts were waiting for him in the family room, and Sissy got out of bed to join in the fun. We actually bought him a 4-wheeler for his birthday, but we gave it to him in April to use at the ranch. I didn't have any other gifts for him until the day before his birthday. He was talking about all the presents he was going to get, and I panicked! I ran to Toys R Us and stocked up on lots of Toy Story 3 stuff. I'm planning on taking him to see it soon. It will be his first trip to the theater. He actually watched the entire original Toy Story movie on Saturday.

Did you notice the pile of wrapping paper? Jake made sure to keep it all together in a pile for easy clean-up. This boy is so much like his father! The slinky dog from Toy Story was a gift from Kate.

We made Jake's favorite breakfast of pancakes and sausages. He actually ate a lot which made me really happy. His appetite hasn't been great. He ate so well that he got a sucker for dessert.
 He spent some time hanging out with his sister after breakfast. Kate just loves when he climbs into her lap without being invited. She wants all the loving she can get from him, and sometimes he can be a bit stingy with it.
We invited both our families over to celebrate Jake's birthday and Father's Day with us. We ordered catered bbq and a cake. The kids played outside despite the 95 degree temperature. Jake loved throwing ice in the yard  from the emptied drink buckets with Gracie, Julia, and Michael. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of that.

Here are some of my favorite shots from the evening.
Kate thought it was so cute that all of Grandma Sally's grandkids ate together in our dining room. I can't think of a better way to break in our dining room furniture!
This shot of Emy and Kate is my favorite from the entire event.
The kids went crazy over the cars on this cake. If I would have known, I would have purchased extra!! Jake kept them, of course. Izzy wasn't a bit happy.
Jake sure makes the most of every special event. He was in a great mood through the entire party, laughed hard, and loved every minute.

7 comments:

  1. awww! what a sweet birthday party! love all your photos angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even believe how big he is Ang!! He is too cute and Kate is gorgeous, not to mention you! Woohee! :) I love ya!

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures, buddy! I love them all! Happy Birthday, Little Jake Man!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like so much fun! Love, love the pictures. Kate and Jake - the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had so much fun at the party. The girls haven't stopped talking about the precious b-day boy. Thanks for a fun evening, Ang. You should frame that family pic...gorgeous of all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ang - what a great party and how cute is he with the eggs and candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All these shots are great but the family one with you in it is AMAZING....love that shot! Love the cake too. Love the shot of K and em too!

    ReplyDelete