Thursday, February 20, 2014

Long, cold winter...

I have always been a fan of the winter.  I have always been a fan of snow.  I run warm, so I have never minded the cold.  This winter changed that.  I have no idea if the snow and cold have anything to do with it, but all we've been is sick.  I'm so tired of it.  We've had colds, stomach flu, asthma issues, and Jake had pneumonia.  I'm sure that living with a kindergartener is part of the issue, too. ;)  I can't wait for spring.  I can't wait for green.  I wonder if this winter will have a lasting impact on how I feel about the season.

This is how Jake feels about pneumonia.



Between viruses I was able to get out with my friends for some fun.  I heard the band The Kin for the first time when they opened for Pink.  They came back to St. Louis and played at the Firebird. It was the perfect  Girls' Night Out.  The best part was that my buddies loved the music and the performance as much as I did.


You can check out my favorite song here:

Never Be the Same


I wore a fake tattoo to the concert, because I get crazier the closer I get to 50...and I'm REALLY close.  It was comical to hear my dermatologist's reaction the next day during my exam.  He's known me for a long time.

Wow.  I took a lot of cell phone pictures this month.  This is a reminder to take my big girl camera out for my family and not just my clients.  I am overdue.




The big girl camera did come out once for some snow shots.



This was at the end of the pneumonia.  Jake begged me to let him go outside, so he got 15 minutes.





I wasn't able to get as much detail as I wanted, but my friend, Kristi,  gave me some tips.  If it snows again (and I really hope it doesn't), I have a plan.

We've had some family fun this past week at the Blue's game and celebrating Sam's birthday.  We've managed to expose them all to everything, but no one is sick.  Thank goodness!




Once Jake recovered from the stomach flu, he asked for his favorite breakfast.  I finally got his request on video.  We love the way he says sausages.


I've seen lots of beautiful faces in the studio recently.



















1 comment: