Because I needed one more project, our Elf arrived last Friday. :)
I wanted to try this last year; but, when I brought up the idea, Jake was very hesitant. He was worried that the Elf would come up to his room. I was afraid this would cause sleeping issues. There was no way I was risking it! I need my sleep! ;)
I brought it up again last week, and this year he was excited about the idea. I told Jake that when I emailed Santa requesting one, I would ask Santa to instruct the elf not to come upstairs at night. He was to stay on the first floor or in the basement. Jake was satisfied with that.
I am happy to say that the Elf is doing his job! Jake's behavior has been great! He's getting dressed the first time I ask in the morning and going to sleep without stalling.
He arrived with his book and movie. If you haven't already, don't buy the movie. I distracted Jake away from it when I noticed there was too much talk of children not believing. I don't even want that thought entering Jake's mind!
The next night he decided to perch at the top of the tree. I guess he noticed that we don't have a topper yet!
In case you are wondering, he is holding an ornament Jake made my covering a rubber ball with masking tape.
He's done some zip-lining...
Last night was my most favorite. I haven't even seen this one on Pinterest! We had a great discussion about the true meaning of the holiday season.
I can't promise a super creative idea every night. Some nights he will just hide. Finding him seems to be the most fun for Jake anyway.
I decorated the house the day after Thanksgiving, and we had our traditional pizza and family movie night that evening. I set up the tripod, and we had some fun. Isn't it hilarious that they make the same silly face without planning it!
This is when it started getting a little crazy.
And we lost one...
In case you didn't hear the story on Facebook, I asked the boys to go to Home Depot for a blow up Santa or snowman. This is what they got. U.G.L.Y.
People keep driving by the house very slowly. Some even stop and back up for another look!
I spent some time with Jake at school today making his Advent wreath. This was the first year he didn't destroy it right when he got home! My boy is growing up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















No comments:
Post a Comment