Tuesday, July 17, 2012

a little embarrassed...

It's been a long time since I've been here. When I said I was taking July off, I really meant it! ;)  I've been busy at work on Jake's birthday video, our Marco Island pictures, and Izzy's birthday party. I've also been busy around my house. I bought a few new things to wear on vacation, and new clothes always motivate me to clean my closet. I have no pictures to share of this process. It wasn't pretty. I'm proud to say my entire closet is organized and dust free. I eliminated a bunch of things I don't wear...especially shoes that screamed 90's!  I try to stick with that rule...if you haven't worn it in a year, it's gone.

I also worked on Jake's closet and all my kitchen cabinets. When we remodeled the kitchen 2 (?) years ago, I eliminated a lot of clutter. It's amazing how fast it grows back. It was time to get rid of lots of kiddy dishes and sippy cups. We've grown past that phase around here.

Jake and I spent lots of time at the pool before vacation last week. He's back in camp in the mornings this week, so I'm trying to get caught up in my office. I sent out a bunch of invoices today for fall shoots, got a gift certificate ready for a client, and worked on a senior shoot special for the friends of a young lady who occasionally assists me. I feel so accomplished today. The only thing I didn't do was make dinner. I've made a big effort to do more cooking and focus on eating clean. Tonight was a fail. We had takeout from Bandana's...my favorite BBQ place.

I've also stepped up my workouts in a big way. Dan and I walk almost every evening and have since April of 2011. We've been trying to incorporate some short sprints in our walks. I think tonight we probably walked half and ran half our route. Once we are home (usually around 9pm), I do another 20 minutes of light weights, stretches, and ab work. I have figured out that I really do best when I workout at night. I just can't move my body in the morning, and the afternoons are too busy. I get a second wind at night and like to stay up late. I haven't seen any difference yet. My love of eating and drinking is what is motivating me.

So...my month off has been very productive in many ways.

Check out Jake's birthday video!  I'm really excited about it. I never did an official 5 year old shoot. It's just too hot around here. Jake gets red fast and sweats a lot. It doesn't look good in pictures! I did his pirate studio shoot, but really wanted more shots outside. I decided to get as many as possible in Florida while on vacation. I don't get a lot of cooperation, folks. All three of them give me trouble. Jake always looks so cute in pictures, but I wish I had video of what it takes to get those shots! I got more shots of the back of Kate's head than her face. Dan likes to make funny faces. It's very frustrating!

Back to the video...check it out here:
Click here for Jake's Birthday Video!!!!!

I haven't had a chance to start the vacation video, but I do have lots of favorites to share. Just keep in mind...I have to jump through hoops to get these. You have no idea. The first three were not posed. Those are the easiest. ;)


I think smoothies taste better when you drink them on the beach!


I bought that raft at Target, packed it in my suitcase, and then had to threaten to ever get to use it!


Jake has a new favorite cartoon. It's one Kate use to love...CatDog. I hope it isn't inappropriate. Honestly, I've never seen an episode!  After a day at the beach, he liked to crash on our bed and watch an episode on the iPad. I just love the toes.



We are all dressed for dinner, and Jake comes out on the balcony in a swimsuit. There was no way the other two were going to wait while I changed him. I had to roll with it.
 


He still has the cheeks. Yummy.



Some of my Facebooks friends think the colored shot above is the framer, but there is something about this black and white one that I really love. I think I need to blow this one up.




I have lots of fun zapping strangers out of our shots and making it look like we vacationed on a private stretch of beach. I wish!

Elements above available at DesignerDigitals.com and used with photographer's license.

This last shot is SO special to me! We've been visiting Marco Island for years. We always get a shot of Kate sitting on this bench near the elevator of our resort and looking out over the island at her favorite house.

This first shot was taken in 2006, I think. I'm much better at organizing pictures now.


This next bench shot was taken when we did a trash the dress session on the beach with Kate's high school graduation dress.


The next one has so much meaning to me.


I'm blowing this one up...big.  I'm not sure where it's going yet, but I'm doing it. I just can't stop staring at it. :)



3 comments:

  1. Oh that last one brought tears to my eyes Angie!! And I'm not easy to tears...lol...can only imagine what it does to you! Looks like you've been a very good kind of busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this and am so excited to meet you in a few weeks! Your month "off" sounds like the best kind! Thanks for sharing your photos, you would never know that it's like pulling teeth to get everyone to cooperate! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a post worth waiting for!

    ReplyDelete