Saturday, October 29, 2011

We won!!!

I'm sure you've heard!! What an amazing series it was. What an amazing team we have! This is an exciting time to live in The Lou!

Speaking of The Lou...I hit downtown last week to shoot with some members of my photography club. I had to laugh when Joe said we would be doing some guerrilla shooting...also called run and gun. We pulled over on Wharf Street and jumped out of our cars to shoot the Arch.



I was actually kind of hoping the police would show up just because I wanted to watch Joe in action handling it for us. Ha!

I couldn't actually tell you where we were for the next series of shots. I was just following and counting on OnStar to get me home.




We actually started out in East St. Louis at a park that has an elevated observation area for viewing the St. Louis Riverfront. I didn't love my Arch shots because of power lines that I really don't feel like removing, but I got great shots of my buddies.







My little man and his big sister have been so sick this week! Jake missed an entire week of school with a respiratory virus that really aggravated his asthma. I didn't have to work too hard to keep him busy this week, he did a lot of resting. We did squeeze in a little time for Halloween activities. Lowe's sent an idea book early in the fall, and I knew this was the perfect project for a boy who loves tools, screws, and bolts!












I bet you noticed the mess in the black cabinet behind him. That is an issue...just for me apparently. That cabinet is suppose to hold wine bottles at the bottom. Jake is a collector of pictures from newspapers, coupons, and plastic sleeves. He has decided that that cabinet is the perfect storage spot for his collection.



If you need any coupons for ANYTHING...give Jake a call. He's got you covered.  I say this is my problem...because his dad seems to think that this is a perfectly normal way to let a 4 year old use a piece of furniture. There is no sense in arguing. Have you seen Dan's office?

Jake and I did a little project while he was sick. I found this on Pinterest. If you aren't on there, you should be. It's FUN! Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. You sure know how to make a boy happy even when he is feeling miserable. Fab photos, thinking a photo club here might be something to look into.

    Hope everyone is feeling better. Can't believe there is snow back east for halloween. Hope you guys have a fun night!XO

    ReplyDelete