Wednesday, October 12, 2011

We picked it!


The giant pumpkin is ready! This is the pumpkin we grew in our backyard this summer. Jake brought home one pumpkin seed for Mother's Day, and we stuck it in the ground next to a rose bush in our backyard. The plant went crazy! We had to cut it back a number of times. It had lots of flowers but only grew one pumpkin. That's ok...because the pumpkin it grew is amazing!! Jake's teacher told us to keep turning it. We did, and it's perfect! I wish our area had a contest!





We are saving the seeds for next year, so give me a yell if you want one.

Other big news....Jake scored his first goal in soccer last weekend! Of course, it was the time I didn't bring a camera!! It was a fantastic goal. He moved the ball down the field and took it all the way in for a goal. We were beyond excited!



I just loved how he was sleeping snuggling his dog, Bob. The quilt in the top picture is the one my grandma made for my children. I love that it's become his favorite cozy.

We celebrated Gracie's 10th birthday last weekend. I remember Kate's 10th like it was yesterday. It's a big deal birthday! 



Before Gracie's party, I spent some time at the pumpkin patch with the sweetest family. It was Zachary's first birthday, and the family asked me to join them to take pictures. It was such a welcoming and kind group of family and friends. There were lots of smiles and lots of laughs...very special. Zach is a lucky boy!














Happy Birthday, sweet boy!

2 comments:

  1. It all looks like great fun. Congrats on the pumpkin! Did you use Miracle Grow Pumpkin Food? Hoping for a trip to pp this weekend. Has taken a while for fall to arrive here.

    Jake and Bob, could there be anything cuter? I think not. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good gracious that pumpkin is incredible. What a great lesson in growing things from seeds. Beautiful photographs as usual.

    ReplyDelete