Things have been crazy busy around here. We are doing some updating to the house which has required a lot of my attention and organization. I've ordered furniture and have been juggling delivery dates to coordinate with other things going on around the house. My goal is to have everything finished by the time I host Thanksgiving. Since a few of my new pieces are custom, they will take a long time to complete.
While all this craziness has been going on, we got some results back on Kate indicating a bunch of food allergies that we weren't expecting. She, in addition to being intolerant to fructose, is also allergic to peanuts, soy, and corn. There are others, but those three are the ones that require the most attention immediately. Soy and corn are in everything...everything easy. This means that more of my meals will need to be prepared from scratch. I've spent a lot of time at Whole Foods recently and online searching for recipes that we all will enjoy. We started making our own cream sauce and have experimented with ingredients. It is so much better than jarred sauce! The time and planning are what throw me. I don't like to cook, but it just isn't an option anymore. I want Kate to eat healthy, and I want all of us to eat together.
Jake started school last week. He was so ready to head out the door, that I got very little cooperation for pictures.
We squeezed in a trip to the Science Center on Labor Day. The weather was gorgeous, so everyone was at the Zoo. We outsmarted them. ;) Before we could leave, we had to stop at our tornado siren for the 11am monthly test. I can't imagine any other family does this but mine!
The highlight at the Science Center is always the coin deposit. You could take him there to just do that, and he would be happy.
We were having dinner on September 11 when Kate mentioned the 9-11 memorial display at Art Hill. We decided to jump in the car and head to Forest Park to see it. I'm so glad we did.
We watched 10th Anniversary coverage on and off throughout the day. We had to be careful when Jake was around. He managed to see the buildings on fire and stared at the tv screen so intently. We tried to give him a general explanation, but it was so hard to put into words without scaring him. I found it all hard to watch anyway. It's 10 year later, but the feelings come right back.
I also managed to pull off a studio shoot with Jake in his soccer uniform.
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















Sounds like you have your hotpads full, my friend! I always think food made at home is better than going out. Great photo, we did the same for most of Sunday.
ReplyDeleteHope school and soccer go well for all. It is about the everyday, isn't it! XO