The conversation has been interesting around here lately. It goes something like this...
Jake: Mom, the Earf is round.
Mom: Yes, Jake, the Earth is round.
Jake: (After viewing an animated movie preview) Mom, will the Earf spin around and break apart?
Mom: No, Jake. The Earth will not spin around and break apart.
Jake: Mom, I'm scared of Earfses.
Mom: Jake, you are living on the Earth. There is nothing to be afraid of.
Jake: Mom, can I make an Earf?
Mom: No, Jake. Only God can make an Earth.
Jake: Mom, can I be a god?
Mom: No, Jake. There is only one God.
Jake: Mom, did God die?
Mom: Yes, Jake. God died because he loves us. Now he is in Heaven watching over us.
This kind of questioning goes on all the time. Sometimes it's a bit exhausting, but it usually just makes me smile.
There's been some construction going on behind our Church in the woods. The sewer department is digging deep in the woods to put in a new sewer system. I noticed when I picked Jake up from camp this week at noon that all the guys went on lunch break and were gone at that time. I knew I just had to do it...I had to take Mr. Construction and Sewer Systems up to Church for a shoot near the equipment. Unfortunately it was ridiculously hot on the day I picked, but I didn't want to delay. I'm not exactly sure when the work will be finished. Jake was sweaty and tired, but I still got some cute shots to share.
Saturday, July 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











Mr HD, I love it!
ReplyDeletePS finally about to post! Haven't been able to for ove ra week! Crazy.
ReplyDeleteLove the conversation...the wisdom of the little ones...so amazing and so sweet. He looks great in a hard hat!! Love, Merr
ReplyDelete