Bottom line...extreme weather stinks. I have a boy with lots of energy. He needs to be outside every day. Mommy can't handle temps near and above 100. It's taken lots of planning and creativity to keep Jake active lately.
We've spent lots of time with good friends. That helps. My neighbor and I have played pass the kids a couple of times this week. When they get bored at one house, it's on to the next one.
I've also spent lots of time with my dear friend, Donna. We go WAY back. Way. We have history. Love that. We both have little kids, too. Love that! We've been hanging out at a nearby indoor playground and at the pool. Our favorite time is tot time at 9am. The pool is just open for the littles, and it's opened early to beat the heat. Donna and I have decided that Jenna and Jake will marry one day. They must. When you have history like we have history, being related would just be the icing on the cake. ;)
Since we are home together so much right now, I've been trying to encourage writing and drawing practice. It is not easy to get Jake to sit down and pick up a pencil. If I am successful, it usually doesn't last long. Jake still hasn't chosen a dominant hand. The pediatrician asked me again at his 4 year old checkup, and the answer is still no. He is still switching. I keep thinking with more practice he'll finally make a decision.
I didn't even notice until posting these pictures that he is using a different hand in the first two shots! His latest thing to draw is a bird nest. We had a cardinal nest in our backyard. Since the cardinal is long gone, I took the nest out of our bush for Jake to inspect. Now he will draw a nest like the one above when he sits to color. I was really proud of his attempt to write "bird" under the nest. (I told him each letter.) I think his favorite part of coloring time is the hanging. He has taken over the job since he discovered masking tape.
Lovely, huh?
While he colors, he likes to sing. I caught this on another night. He jammied himself. You try explaining to Jake that he can't wear long sleeves when it's 100 degrees!
That's Taio Cruz - Break Your Heart. Girls...Jenna...I promise I will do better. I will fix him before he is allowed to date.
I did bring my camera outside for a quick look at the cardinal nest. Jake brought his camera out, too. Yes, I know. Jake's face is filthy. Don't judge.
We had our family pictures taken a few weeks ago. I wanted to share a few of my favorites here. Thanks to Kelly Manno Photography!!
I've managed to squeeze in a little scrapping time. Jake allows just a bit. Ha! Katie Pertiet at DesignerDigitals.com made it easy with this gorgeous quick page.
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
























These will make a lovely slideshow at their wedding reception. They do look so cute together!
ReplyDeleteFamily pics rock. Love the ones on the ground! So glad you will have these to look back on.
Think about you and the heat. We have had such a cool summer, only one 100 degree day so far. Hope it lets up soon. XO
swoon, all the photos are either extemely beautiful or extremely cute...all are endearing. And, what's a boy without a little dirt on the face or under the fingernails!! (and, I did not do well with the extreme heat...had a headache for the 2 of the days we had our heat wave here.) Love Merr
ReplyDeleteAngie!! I don't know where to start :) The video is adorable!! LOVE the song...he will be a heartbreaker...no doubt about it :) The family pictures are stunning - awesome! And the pjs - Graham insists on wearing his "footie pjs"....all summer long!! Love catching up on what's going on in your part of the world :)
ReplyDelete