I'm just heartbroken for the people of Japan. Yesterday the country was struck by the strongest earthquake in it's history, followed by a devastating tsunami. Now I watch and wait for more news about the nuclear emergency that could follow. I can't seem to tear myself away from the news channels when I'm home. It serves as a reminder to get our own emergency plans in order...and a reminder to live in the moment. Don't worry about the little things. Last night at midnight when Dan and I were cleaning up the water in our laundry room from the leaky wash machine, I just kept thinking about these poor people who are suffering. My problems are kept in perspective.
So...I'm living in the moment and continuing to enjoy the little things. I am grateful for so many blessings.
My children are so lucky to have 4 wonderful grandparents. Three of them were able to attend Jake's Grandparents Day at school. I just know how excited he must have been to see them. I showed up a bit later to get a few shots.
I feel so blessed to be able to do what I really love to do. I'm thankful for all the people who have helped me along the way...educated me...answered my questions.
I'm grateful for my wonderful clients who let me be such an important part of their lives.
I'm grateful for the beauty all around us and for friends who help me learn to appreciate it. I've discovered some things about myself. I love to take pictures of people. I love to get to know these people and become friends with these people. I'm not as interested in other types of photography. I'm thankful for friends who push me outside of my comfort zone.
I'm grateful for the little surprises that always catch me off guard. When I "borrowed" this bowl from my mom's house, I was thinking how great it would be for my little guy who loves to drink the milk in his cereal bowl. I wasn't thinking about the opposite use! Jake was!
I'm grateful for beautiful, sunny days. We had a wonderful day and spent hours playing in our yard. I enjoyed all the little signs of spring. I'm ready...bring it on!
He stopped dead in his tracks to check out a hole in the ground.
Spreading grass seed with Daddy.
I'm grateful for new discoveries like this one. Apparently it's HYSTERICAL to throw balls into the tree from the deck.
Can you imagine having so much energy and so many interests? The ball and bat were quickly discarded when he moved on to something else.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Count your blessings. Say a prayer. Consider making a donation to help. Smile.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



































Amen Sister! Good looking grandparents, looks like a great day. You are so right - the news about Japan just keeps getting worse and I think it will get worse as the days of discovery go on. Keep hearing how prepared they as a country were, imagine if it had been Haiti...
ReplyDeleteYou are so right, Ang. My heart breaks for everyone affected by this horrible disaster.
ReplyDeleteYou have much to be grateful for, Ang. Grandparent day is always so special for the kids...what a blessing for our children to have such wonderful grandparents.
You are a strong, beautiful soul...I'm so happy you are doing something you love and enjoy.
You are indeed blessed...and so is everyone who has you in their life. Mwah...love you.
ReplyDelete