Spring Break.
Did you know I was dreading it? I had three shoots in a row the weekend before, and I wondered how in the world I would get the editing done with Jake home for a week. How was I going to keep him entertained? I must say...I hate to see it come to an end.
That first weekend Jake was excited to see Sissy come home from Orlando. He was anticipating lots of souvenirs from Disney, and Sissy did not disappoint.
Jake spent Monday with Mama Sally, Papa Gene, Gracie, and Julia. He didn't want to come home. That night he told me he wanted to go back to Grandma Sally's "RIGHT NOW!!" to see "those girls". Those girls are his cousins!
Tuesday was a quiet day. Izzy did not come over because of Jake's cold and cough. That cold did not keep us indoors.
I decided to break out the sidewalk chalk.
I was really proud that Jake immediately started practicing letters.
Unfortunately things went downhill fast, and it just became a game of destruction.
Wednesday we met a friend at the park and spent 2 1/2 hours playing together. Jake came home and immediately jumped on his bike. I don't know where he gets the energy!
After swimming lesson on Thursday, Jake spent the afternoon at Mama Joanie and Papa Tony's house with Izzy. Friday was spent at Bounce U with George and Sam. Talk about packing in the fun! Friday night Uncle Mike and Aunt Sue came over for dinner. Saturday morning Papa Tony surprised Jake with the trip to Lowe's for a class for kids.
I picked Jake up on Saturday afternoon in a huge springtime snowstorm. We went from hours at the park just days before to 6 inches of snow.
We shoveled the driveway after dinner and had a family movie night. I wasn't expecting much from our first family movie night. I blew up the air mattresses, but I expected more jumping than relaxing and movie watching. Jake surprised us. He watched the entire movie.
I was on one mattress, and Jake was on the other. He made my night when he said, "Can I come lay by you acause you are SO beautiful, and I love you SO much." :)
Unfortunately Saturday night was not a good one. Jake coughed off and on in his sleep most of the night. Mommy and Daddy are pretty tired today. So...I'm sad to see spring break end, but I may have one more day if we have a repeat of last night. Jake will be heading to the doctor instead of school.
Mixed in with all the fun was a lot of watching sirens on youtube.com, building sirens with legos, and imitating sirens. Boys sure are noisy!
It's going to be a quiet picture week. My camera is in for service. Leaving it at the service center was SO HARD! I'm having an issue with the on/off switch, and the sensor needed cleaning. My fingers are crossed that the switch won't have to be replaced. Getting parts from Tokyo is a big problem since the earthquake/tsunami. I still have my d90, but it's hard to go back!!
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



















I hope Jake feels better soon! Of all the images I always love on your blog, the last one of Kate and Jake is the best! You're doing something right Mama!
ReplyDeletelove your photos Angie - sounds like a fabulous week and yes boys are loud - until they turn about 13 and then you have to drag a word out of them.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Boy, you guys packed a lot of stuff in. Love chalk on the concrete. Sounds like lots of fun and lots of weather changes too! Hope your camera is home soon, poor baby. Maybe you can catch your breath this week! Love ya Girl!
ReplyDeleteThat boy needs to share his energy with me! Love all the great shots!
ReplyDeleteSooo much to love about this post Angie - I'm glad you had a good week :)
ReplyDelete