Thursday, March 3, 2011

He'll keep you young...

Do you have any idea how many times I've been told this since I announced my pregnancy with Jake? It's been weekly...at least.  There are times like this when I think it might be true.
Look again.  Those are my feet...not my hands. If you know me very well, you know how I feel about adult feet pictures...but this story had to be told. So...forgive the feet. At least the pedicure looks decent.

This is Airplane. This is me hoisting a 40 pound, rock solid boy into the air using my feet. I'm so good, I can do it and also take blind pictures shot wide open with my camera at the same time! I can actually get some in focus, too!  Not only do I lift him, but I also somersault him and flip him over my head. Now...I can't get pictures of that.  I'm good, people, but I'm not crazy. 




Yes...he will keep me young.  However...each time I hit the ground for this game, I worry that this will be the time I rupture a disc.  I didn't have those worries the first time around...when I was a young mom.  Let's keep our fingers crossed and see how long I can keep it up.

I was drying Jake after his bath tonight, and he was singing, "You are beautiful"...over and over. I made a huge deal about it because I have been struggling with his behavior lately. He hasn't been very nice to me. I blame it on the medications he is on for his allergies and possible asthma. So...he was singing...I was smiling and praising him. I started to towel dry his hair and poked the poor baby right in the eye with my finger. I told him how sorry I was and hugged him. He started singing again..."You are STILL beautiful"!!!  What a guy! He never holds a grudge. I love that!

7 comments:

  1. Great story! :) I do the same airplane game with my kids!! Never thought about holding a camera at the same time though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you were talented but this is off the hook. Hoping for no disc issues but remember, you are beautiful...to a lot of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I can't believe you can take photos in that position, girl (ha)...you are GOOD! Your pedi looks amazing, by the way. His smile gets me every time!!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's such a cutie, and he was so well behaved when we were over that night. Sounds like you have a great kid there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Angie I think you have more energy than I do for sure :) It's a good thing those boys are so sweet to us sometimes....keeps us going when they get all wild and crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melt my heart....

    What a guy!!!

    ReplyDelete