Thursday, January 31, 2013

Happy Birthday, Dad!



Last week my family got together to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday.  The kids had such a blast together, but they can get pretty crazy.  (I'm always relieved to have my nephew, Cam, to keep things under control when the kids are downstairs. Thanks, Cameron!)

I know it was a great evening for you, Dad, and I'm glad! You deserve it! We love you so much!

Here are some of my favorite shots from the evening.














 
I got the boy registered for kindergarten. Wow...that was a lot of paperwork! 


I am really excited for him. He is so ready now.  We've been working on basic math and letter sounds on some new apps that I bought for the iPad.  I'm actually pretty excited about how much he already knows.  I was very surprised that when given a letter sound, he can almost always pick the appropriate letter.  His favorite new app is this one:


We finally have a weekend that is not crazy busy, so I think we are going to work on shoe tying.  

Dan and I took him to the car show last weekend. We had dinner after at our favorite downtown pizza place...Vito's.  Jake ended up covered in chocolate gelato!  I really thought this shirt was ruined.  It took soaking it in oxyclean water with an oxyclean paste on each spot, but I finally got it clean.  


Jake loves hanging out with Rick and learning new games on the Xbox.


Julia and Kristin came to the studio last weekend.   This session was a hoot!  I'm glad I asked my babysitter, Livi, to help out.  We needed the extra hands!  

"Hmmm...I can't decide if I like my pretties better or your pretties better!"



After our studio session, I went to Mike and Kathy's house for a home shoot.  I knew my nieces would make it special...and they delivered.  This is my favorite of the two of them.


I love this one, too!


There will be more to share soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment